Welcome to the School of Cybersecurity and Privacy
Dedicated to the Future
The School of Cybersecurity and Privacy, one of five schools in the top ten ranked College of Computing, was formed in September 2020. It builds on the strong foundation and continued success of the cybersecurity research, education, and service efforts at Georgia Tech that began more than twenty years ago.
We are home to graduate students working to complete their master’s or Ph.D. programs from multiple disciplines at Georgia Tech. With the rise of regularly occurring cyberattacks and data breaches, the demand for innovative research and education in the field of cybersecurity and privacy greater than ever.
The Big Picture:
- 25 Faculty
- 50+ Ph.D. students working alongside research faculty
- 1100+ Students working to earn a Master of Science in Cybersecurity
- #2 in the nation for Cybersecurity Education
- 150 pieces of research at top journals and conferences around the world in Academic Year '23
- World's first academic unit to take a multidisciplinary approach to cybersecurity
- In Academic Year 2023, SCP Faculty secured 21 new grants for cybersecurity and privacy research
- MS Cybersecurity
Georgia Tech’s cybersecurity master’s program allows both residential and online students to pursue a track in Cyber Physical Systems, Information Security, or Policy all in one degree program. Through a unique partnership with the School of Computational Science and Engineering, and School of Public Policy, students become well-rounded cybersecurity professionals and graduate with a multi-disciplinary understanding of cybersecurity and privacy. The resident master's program serves a student body of over 100 and the online program, hosted with Georgia Tech Professional Education, services 1,000+ across the globe.
- Ph.D. Students
There are 57 students enrolled the College of Computing's Computer Science Ph.D. program that work alongside their advisors to conduct groundbreaking cybersecurity and privacy research. As a research-oriented degree, the Ph.D. in Computer Science prepares exceptional students for careers at the cutting edge of academia, industry, and government.